Monday, July 30, 2012

Sony Smartwatch! FutureTech Awesomeness!!!!!



Sony Smartwatch
Alright people, its the future. The time to upgrade is ALWAYS. Now the new "thing to have" is a smart device. Smartphones have taken over the mobile phone industry and then it was tablets. The iPad was the next "big" thing to spark the interest of techphiles (tech obsessed people). Most people seem to love small thin and sleek these days and now you can have all of your text messages, posts from friends, agenda and more right on your wrist with the Sony Smartwatch.  Before I say anything else let me just say that the Sony Smartwatch is for the Android ONLY, sorry iPhone users. Sony is (of course) not the first to have made a smartwatch, they just have the best on the current market. I purchased it recently and for the most part im impressed. Iv been walking around the mall and my watch vibrates...not from an alarm though. My watch had notified me that I received a text message. A couple of minutes later I get a call, my watch vibrates and since I was busy I just tapped the ignore button on my watch. A little later my watch vibrates because someone i follow
iPod nano
on facebook posted a status and im able to read it without taking my phone out. Now I know what your thinking, how f****** lazy could you be. Thats not the point, its cool and its convenient. Especially when im at work and dont want to pull my phone out, or when im in class and dont want my ringtone to interupt and I dont have to dig through my pocket to ignore the call. Also the Smartwatch has a ton of apps in the market, mostly for free. You can get all the apps through your phone in the market and alot of them are pretty useful. Now, the cons :(. First off the battery. The battery is rechargeable via USB to connect to a USB wall outlet or PC. If you dont stay on top of charging on a daily basis expect it to run out. I personally use my phone alot, therefore, I use the watch alot...it barely makes it through a full day. Next, the size is a bit bulky for a watch. Especially for something in 2012, I know they could have made it thinner. Just look at the iPod nano- small, battery efficient, looks good. So why not a nano? Well I had looked into this and although a nano has a ton of useful accessories including the wristband it dosnt have what the smartwatch has. The nano is not water resistant at all, so when it rains you will have to stuff it in your pocket. It also will not link with your phone, even if you have an iphone (correct me if im wrong). That was the deal breaker for me. Now what Apple needs to do is make a nano that does all that and add Siri to it. Then you can look like a Star Trek nerd talking to your watch. Then there is Google Glasses coming to a store near you, but thats a complete different blog in itself. So tell me, is now the time to get a smartwatch? Should we all save our money and get the next big thing? Do you think the nano is better?

Some Sony Smartwatch features:

  • Accept/Reject calls
  • Facebook, Text message, Event notifications
  • Tons of apps such as: Music player remote, phone finder, google gps maps, callender, clipboard
  • Easily changeable wrist straps for color variety.
  • Shake to wake (a feature to save battery you shake your wrist to see the time...can be disabled as well) 


No comments:

Post a Comment